About Behaviour Support and Therapy
Founded in 2015, Behaviour Support and Therapy was established to improve the lives of people living with a disability and their carers by nurturing meaningful and sustainable relationships.
- Assisting clients of all ages and their families to manage complex and difficult behaviours
- Supporting clients with Psychosocial Disability
- Providing Specialist Support Coordination to clients with high or complex needs
- Providing Therapy/Capacity Building sessions for clients and family, carers and support people
We work to improve the lives of people living with a disability and their carers by nurturing meaningful and sustainable relationships and promoting dignity, opportunity and participation. We apply a caring and personal approach with our clients and pride ourselves on delivering practical solutions to difficult problems.
We focus on assisting clients to reach their NDIS and therapeutic goals by engaging with them in their support networks and social settings. A key part of our approach is working collaboratively with the client, their therapists, families, friends and carers to deliver wholistic interventions that support meaningful change.
We are dedicated to supporting our clients to make positive change, which includes ensuring they have access to the:
Funding and need
We are committed to ensuring each of our clients receives an NDIS plan that matches their level of need and allows them to work positively towards actualising their NDIS goals. We are experienced in supporting clients to access the funding they need by:
- Assisting them to understand their rights to seek additional funding by applying for a review of their plan
- Ensuring that they are accessing all the funding lines that they are entitled to and getting value for money
- Identifying the interventions that clients need to their NDIS goals
- Ensuring that our clients have their voices heard (including by attending planning review meetings).
Our expertise and experience
We have 15 years of experience providing therapeutic services and behaviour management to clients of all ages with complex disability, mental health and dual diagnosis. We have a particular interest in infant mental health and disability. We have significant expertise in case managing clients with complex needs and circumstances.
We apply evidence-based interventions including Marte Meo, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness based therapies, Trauma Informed Care, Interactional Video Analysis, Play Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Our therapeutic approach aims to provide clients with the tools to understand themselves and their relationships, empowering them to recognise and enhance their strengths, fulfil their potential and expand their horizons.
Behaviour Support and Therapy provides the same level of access to services and the same quality of services to all cultural and linguistic groups, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, people of all ages and people of diverse sexualities and gender identities.
We work primarily the Southern suburbs and inner Southeast suburbs of Adelaide, but can provide services virtually to other areas.
We have locations in: