Parents, carers and support people
We provide sessions to those around the client to upskill and empower them to manage challenging, complex or uncomfortable situations and behaviours associated with the client. It’s important that families are acknowledged for their expertise and their extraordinary caring role. We provide counselling and training to our families in a group, as couples or individually.
Our sessions with the important people in our clients’ lives are designed to be supportive and positive experiences. We work with their strengths to develop a tailored program to be implemented by everyone involved in the clients’ care.
We provide training to support people (mentors, support workers, accommodation providers, schools and tertiary education institutions, workplaces, friends etc). We train people to implement plans that focus on prevention methods and understanding the client’s lived experience. Plans address triggers, early signs of dysregulation to avoid escalations and de-escalation pathways.
We help support people to enhance the fundamental building blocks of effective communication, including:
- Waiting and attentive listening
- Seeing and identifying positive behaviours as they occur in everyday life
- Bridging the gap between individuals by sharing stories and demonstrating effective, positive communication for the client
- Being more present in interactions and communications with clients enhancing connection
- Modeling appropriate social interaction and behaviour
In our experience this approach helps the client to feel understood and reduces tension.
Working with us
This service can be accessed from the following line items in the client’s NDIS Plan:
- Improved Relationships – Specialist Behavioural Intervention Support (11_022_0110_7_3)
- Improved Relationships – Behaviour Management Plan and Training (11_023_0110_7_3)
- Improved Daily Living – Capacity Building Supports For Early Childhood (15_040_0118_1_3)
- Improved Daily Living – Individual Assessment, Therapy and/or training (15_048_01228_1_3)
- Coordination of Supports: Level 2 (07_002_0106_8_3)
- Specialist Support Coordination: Level 3 (07_004_0132_8_3)